Integra Direct Primary Care, operated by Belinda Castor, MD, has opened to serve patients under a membership care delivery model.
“I am excited to open the doors of my new practice to my former patients and new patients,” Dr. Castor said. “This model of care delivery allows me to provide high-quality health care without the rushed environment of other medical offices.”
Direct primary care practices operate through monthly membership fees. Health insurance is not involved in this type of practice. “Since my practice doesn’t bill for or accept health insurance payments, I am able to spend more time with patients – 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the reason for the visit – and give them my full attention during visits,” she added.
The practice, located at 103 Liberty Street in Manchester, provides health-care services such as:
- Comprehensive Physicals/Wellness exams, including limited gynecology care.
- Preventive Care.
- College Physicals, Sports Physicals.
- Chronic Disease Management – heart disease, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, asthma, COPD, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Acute Illnesses – sick visit, injury evaluation/treatment.
- Travel medicine consultation.
- Hospital and Skilled Nursing Facility discharge follow up visits.
- Point of Care testing – blood sugar, urinalysis.
Extended services include:
- Same-day/next-day care for acute illnesses for established members.
- Direct access to your doctor through office or telehealth visits, phone, email, and text (limited basis).
- Care coordination with specialist (i.e. consultants, physical/occupational therapy, hospitalists).
- After-hour, in-person acute appointments available on a limited basis at the discretion of the physician if medically indicated.
- Worksite and home visits for an additional fee based upon the availability of the physician.
To learn more about Integra Direct Primary Care and to join the practice, go to integradpc.com.